Friday, April 4, 2008

Seriously, Why do I even try...?

Today I had some errands to run and then I wanted to get the house clean. We got all the errands done and Harper even took a short nap on the way home. We got home and dinner was a fight. He was not hungry, so I ate and started to clean while he was playing in his newly clean room. Well... There has been toilet paper strewn all over the house in pieces, toys dumped out everywhere, sprite spilled on the newly mopped floor, honey and brown sugar all over the newly mopped floor, eating brown sugar with a spoon, salt dumped into a cup of sprite and then another spill, dishwasher detergent on the floor, oh and toys again dumped out after they were just picked up, time outs, dirty clothes out of the hamper throw all over and lots of crying from Harper and me! So I took him for a ride to see if he would go to sleep. We are now home, it is 9:15 and Harper is in the living room hopefully on the couch watching a movie.

I will make it through this night and I will laugh about it tomorrow but I have spent all evening cleaning and my house looks worse than when I started. Why oh why do I even try to clean????

Ahhh, I feel a little better now just getting all of that out! Maybe he will be asleep when I go check on him? Ya, wishful thinking here he comes.

0 comments: