Tomorrow morning I have to have surgery on my thumb. I am not very excited about this at all! Lets start from the beginning...
Saturday evening I was getting ready to go to a BBQ and decided to make some yummy corn salsa to take. So I opened the can of corn, and a can of black beans (I leave the top attached a little so that I can push it down into the can when I am done so noone gets cut). The beans were not coming out like they usually do so I grabbed a spoon and went to scoop them out but instead caught my thumb on the lid and sliced it open. Had to have Harper find my phone and call Trent since I was a little light headed from the blood and sitting on the floor. Trent got home and looked at it and thought the tendon was cut so off the the clinic we went. After an hour of poking and prodding and numbing and tetnis shots they sent me down to the ER in Salt Lake. We got there and they looked it over a decided that one endon was partially cut and the other was all the way cut so they called the hand surgeon. They ended up stitching up my cut and now I have to go back tomorrow to get it reopened, the tendons stitched and then the cut restitched. Doesn't sound like fun! So at 8:45 tomorrow I have to have surgery.
All over a can of Black Beans. Not very impressive.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Surgery.
Posted by Aynie at 7:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good Luck. I bet the salsa would have been awesome.
I will be thinking about you.
Post a Comment