Friday, March 6, 2009

Potty Training Success!



Finally! We are having some potty training success! It seems we have been in this process for over a year now and Harper has been having some good weeks and bad weeks. Good days and really bad days! Until recently he would always ask for a diaper when he needed to poop, and usually have a couple (or more) accidents a day. I usually ended up putting him in a diaper for the last part of the day because I was so tired of fighting him and doing so much laundry.

Well, we finally came up with what seems to be a good solution. Harper really wants a Nintendo DS (even though he seems a little young to me) so... he has a jar and everytime he poops or pees in the potty (or outside, since this seems to be his favorite place to pee) he gets to put a coin in the jar. If he has an accident, he has to take one out of the jar. When the jar is full (and it is a big jar) he gets a Nintendo DS. So far so good! He has gone a couple weeks with only a few accidents. YAY! Diapers only at night now! I just hope he continues to do well with this.

1 comments:

Casey * Haley * Avery * Owen said...

Aynie...love the valentines... too cute. I have given up with two kids and preschool, store bought valentines are a big hit now at our house. Love the potty training story. Owen just turned three and we are starting the wonderful process at our house.. wish me luck.. sounds like boys are a little tougher than girls.. YIKES! I emailed your mom a Gap pass for this week... make sure she forwards it to you, you can print it off and use it from the 12th-15th. I did not have you or Mary's email, so bug your mom to send it to you both. Love reading your blog and Harper is sure turning into one handsome devil... I love his ears and red hair!